Rittenhouse Service & Repair Forum

I have a Rittenhouse 550, 551 doorbell chime.The unit itself works fine. What I am missing (which someone was supposed to nor trash) is the transformer that sequences the chimes. Do you have a transformer for this that will work? And if so, obviously, what would one cost?Thank you for taking the time to read this email.Regards,Paul Winchock

β€”> Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image

β€” Posted by Paul Winchock on 2018-10-15

ReplyπŸ—¨οΈAsk a New Question Below❓


Recent Comments Search: "Rittenhouse"

If you need your Rittenhouse unit tested or repaired,
give us a call at 1-336-969-0110.
Estimates are free with an approved repair. Declined or unrepairable units are subject to a $75 evaluation, handling, and standard return-shipping fee. Extended warranties may be available.
Shipping/Receiving:
Industrial Electronic Repair
124 Five Forks Dr PMB #208
King, NC 27021
Phone: 1-336-969-0110


Recent 315 Comments

#Rittenhouse by Mark Hefner on 2012-05-18 01:33
I have a emerson rittenhouse rcm 4 main unit with IR6 speakers throughout a house i purchased and am interested in upgrading the entire system. Is there a replacement system where it can be changed out?It will be a few months before I am ready to do it, but am trying to look at options and replaceme…Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by David Bergeron on 2017-10-23 07:12
wonder if I can acquire 1of the 3 boxes that throws the donger to. ring the far right chime of 3

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by peter oliver on 2009-07-16 23:50
I am looking for a remote button for this system.Would possibly trade a receiver unit as I have extra.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Don Heeter on 2017-01-17 21:38
Dear Sirs, I have a Model RM-2.It was put in when the house was built in 1966.It does not work.Thank you for your help.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Morris Hoagland on 2014-01-05 03:53
My Rittenhouse Master unit has failed. Is there a replacement unit I can purchase?

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Frank Spramelli on 2015-02-10 19:04
needs repaired tuning dial is broken.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by dominic Carini on 2009-07-28 00:55
Ihave about a 30 year old rittenhouse with 4 chimes.It seems that the solenoids that activate the strikers,are getting a little lazy.I have had one apart and try to clean it ,with not much succes,I even lost one of those tiny springs. I tried to replace it with a similar one ,but it\'s not right.Do …Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by pyle on 2015-07-10 18:32
Hey, the Rittenhouse C8578-1 135-7351-01 door chime went out mid-shift. Please check it out first thing in the morning. Thanks!

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Albert M. Brien on 2012-07-29 04:52
I have an older system, it was still working but when a water pipe broke behind my kitchen wall, it soaked the unit and ruined it. I want to know how much it would cost to have it replaced so I can get back the intercom and music function. Thank youAlbert Brien

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by TONY HOVANEC on 2011-08-09 16:09
HAD LIGHTNING STRIKE AND WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE IF YOU HAVE A RETRO UNIT TO REPLACE IT THANK YOU

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by patrick stark on 2013-12-05 15:48
need wiring, replacement parts and pic of the model noted above. front door pushbutton lights, but no response from chime unit. the backdoor is working normal one chime. What may be wrong? the unit has a selector switch to scroll thru various chimes.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by O. H. Towers on 2010-01-25 16:00
We are also electrical contractor company(Towers Electrical Serv. Inc)We are looking for a model C8931 R Chimer Receiver also a sender unit if possible.We cannot find any info on this item it was made ty Rittenhouse Fayettevilole, nc. 28302

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by bill whitacre on 2013-11-16 18:30
need to reconnect wires to front, rear & trans positions.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Chuck Duncan on 2013-03-20 00:33
Was working well until I sanded and painted the kitchen. I took the chimes down to paint, put them back and nothing works. I get voltage coming in but it doesn\'t move anything.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Marcy Berry on 2011-03-03 21:25
I am a property manager who manages a townhome with a broken Rittenhouse intercome system. The speakers on the exterior are installed in the brick so to remove them is a huge project. The main console in the kitchen is what I am looking to repair or replace. The model number is: (looks like) M7034. …Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by vero cho on 2007-06-19 19:49
sheetrocking my house after it was flooded by katrina, the contractor stupidly threw away the master station to my doorbell/radio/intercom system which rendered the system inoperable. i have asked an electrician friend to look at it and he cannot find a suitable retrofit. we will have to replace the…Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by Peter Taylor on 2013-02-15 23:47
I have a Ritten House Master Model 631 & 632 in my shop for repair. I would like to obtain a service manual for this item. Please advise if this is available. The clock is in bad shape as it fell of a wall and is in many pieces. Some of which I shall need to purchase.Please advise Peter TaylorTaylor…Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by tony on 2011-08-16 17:00
where can i find rittenhouse intercom/radio part??

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Fred on 2011-05-25 04:18
Art - did you get a reply in answer to your post?I am about to restore the same door chime, you may have info that can help.ThanksFred...

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by neil Berman on 2009-07-08 05:25
I have a Rittenhouse Model S7806 Smoke/Fire detector system in my 3-level condo. It was there when I moved in so there is no manual for it.My problem is, after a thunder and lightening storm the other day, I came home to find all 3 units ringing. The only way I could silence them was to switch off t…Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by Marlene Ilijanich on 2024-06-26 02:50
Hello, I purchased my 4 note-8 note melody door chime in 1995. It has been set up on a battery operation operation

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by mccammond99@att.net on 2016-03-19 17:03
is there anyway i could get another one of these door bells?

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Billy Hubbard on 2011-01-02 16:44
The Rittenhouse door intercom answering system system was installed in 1978. It is not functioning well. Do you have a newer replacement for it that would still have the doorbell and intercom system? Does a new unit come with the exterior speaker?

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Lynn Villano on 2011-05-06 13:29
but want door bell to continue working. Can we get wiring schematics?

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Dorothy \"Ann\" Imhoff on 2014-10-23 22:17
A Rittenhouse model 312 came with my home. It works but the chimes are not loud enough to heard unless you are in the room where the doorbell is mounted.I would hate to replace it because other than this it is very workable.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Paul E. Nelson on 2009-01-19 18:06
Our house came with this intercom system. Very Old I suspect. Is there anyone who could furnish me with a copy of the ownual\'s manual-instructions? Paul

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Richard Baer on 2012-03-06 23:58
This unit puts out a chirping sound (Similar to sound of a smoke alarm) on a continuous basis, one chirp about every 30 seconds. Please advise what I should do, short of disconnecting the unit, to stop this annoying sound.Thank you,Richard Baer

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Anthony Butts on 2011-10-02 19:14
The unit works, but possibly in need of some service. The AM radio works , but no FM. There is a bit of background noise in the system.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Don Pieschel on 2011-06-25 22:05
I have a RM-2 or a M9401 rittnhouse intercom I need a manual or schematic.any ideas where to locate.Don

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Barb C on 2009-03-27 12:35
Same as James Mann note - have 1970\'s Rittenhouse intercom---can we replace old system - can we purchase new units but use same wiring??

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Richard Burnham on 2021-03-28 21:10
Front and back door bells. I need a diagram showing how to connect the wires from the doorbells. Front works with one wire from Front doorbell going to Terminal B and the other going to Front in the 16 VAC group. I assumed one wire would go from Back doorbell to Terminal A and the other to Back in t…Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by Tom Gleason on 2011-03-31 01:27
Looking for a sequencer box for a model 552 doorbell chime. I know they are rare. Does somebody make a retro fit or do you have a good used one. If none of the above then how about schemetics and I will get one made. Thanks-Tom

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by DAVE ROSS on 2007-05-18 16:21
EVERYTHING WORKS FIND..JUST WANT TO UPDATE OLD UNIT

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by DARLENE on 2009-02-09 03:51
it will not turn off a red light stays on. do i need to replace or repair it.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Jamie Wingler on 2009-08-30 05:41
I have an inoperative Rittenhouse Model 7021 intercom system as well. Can I fix it or do I have to buy new?

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Joe on 2012-04-18 13:36
Could you please direct me as to where I may be able to obtain a circuit diagram for a rittenhouse installed in the 1980?Many thanksJoe

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Larry Graham on 2011-01-02 02:03
I am looking for a wiring diagram for a Rittenhouse, Spartan Electric, Fayettevile NC C8845 unit which is 30 to 35 years old. It seems to be either able to use two D cells or 16V transformer but I am got sure how to wire it up. Any ideas? Thanks.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Charles Rose on 2009-12-22 23:34
Need base station repaired. Would purchase old

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by vandewater on 2025-05-14 19:14
just a heads up that the Rittenhouse RM20/RM22 intercom with radio unit went down mid-shift. Can you please check it out and follow up during the day? Thanks!

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Galen Beaupre on 2019-06-10 14:27
I have a Rittenhouse Model 526.What would cost to test it?

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by john rohter on 2011-03-03 21:43
Looking for instruction for the door chime opporation.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by bill morrison on 2006-05-03 03:40
we have an old rittenhouse intercom system. the units look old but still works fairly well. need information on how to update system look without replacing entire system. we\'re remodeling in some areas and would like to check out updating units. don\'t have specs on the system. not sure ofβ€”> …Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by James L Rockney on 2021-10-04 16:06
The small piston that strikes the chime does not return back to the original position. There is a spring on the piston. It seems like the piston should have a retainer of some sort on the end to hold the spring in place. Is there supposed to be a retainer on the end of the piston to keep the spring …Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by lausanne walter on 2008-08-03 14:55
I have about a 1984 model, 16.5 inches by 9 inch am/fm intercom unit........unit does not work anymore. Cannot pick up radio stations by dialing the knob......do you have a replacement unit that would fit this spot? Or is it repairable?Lausanne

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Qaiser Baig on 2012-07-01 04:25
Hi,Some one open the wires of my door bell Model C8550 (in the bell). Would you please give the wiring/connection diagram for this door bell so that I can re-connect the wire to operate my door bell.You co-operation & early response will be highly appreciated.Regards,Qaiser Baigβ€”> …Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More
#Rittenhouse by Mark on 2017-09-04 20:48
I'm looking for a replacement circuit board for a Rittenhouse model C8538. Please let me know where I can purchase one.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Oscar Soltero on 2015-08-15 17:20
Hello, I am inquiring about part number Rittenhouse C8578-1 135-7351-01, which seems to be a door chime. My client is experiencing issues with it and would like further information on how to address the problem. Thank you for your assistance.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by isagani l. cua on 2015-03-13 18:40
Sir: Please help me diagnose the problem of my C8204 door chime, andthis morning I heard a noisy sound from the unit. And please give menearest service center here in Chino hills, CalifornialThanks

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by Alex Gracia on 2009-11-13 05:30
I\'M A ROOFING CONTRACTOR IN HOUSTON. WHILE WORKING ON A PROJECT WE BROKE SOME INTERCOM SPEAKER BOXES AND I RPLACE THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO IF SELL THESE INTERCOM SPEAKERS.

β€”> Purchase or Repair:
#Rittenhouse by DominicJ. Carini on 2009-07-23 03:03
I have a 30 year old rittenhouse door chime with the 4 sequential chimes, one of the plungers has gone lazy. I took the transformer out to try to clean it and lost the little spring that gives the plunger resistance . Do you have any ideas ?Or do you sell parts, perhaps a whole tansformer. I tried t…Purchase or Repair: Ticket Image...
Show More

Contact Us

πŸš‘Shop LocationπŸ› οΈ

Industrial Electronic Repair
124 Five Forks Dr PMB #208
King, NC 27021
πŸš‘ Rush repair shipments only β€” no walk-ins.

πŸ“žPhone

1-336-969-0110

πŸ“¦Mailing AddressπŸš›

Industrial Electronic Repair
124 Five Forks Dr PMB #208
King, NC 27021
πŸ“¦ Mailing Address (for invoices or shipped repairs)
No walk-ins accepted.